Dr. Sydney Ceruto
CHANGE the way you CHANGE
If you want to make changes in your life and are considering
You must first understand that traditional approaches
DO NOT WORK!
As Featured On
“The secret of CHANGE is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
Dr. Sydney Ceruto
Dr. Sydney Ceruto
Time – Most clients achieve their goals within 90 days, unlike traditional methods which can take years or even decades.
Cost – The old adage “you get what you pay for” could not be more applicable when it comes to your mental wellbeing.
Qualifications – Dr. Ceruto is a pioneer in the field of neuropsychology, she possesses an extensive psychological education along with 20+ years of experience.
Neuroscience, the differentiator – Billions of pathways in your brain light up every time you “think, feel, or do something.” If you want new habits to become ingrained in your daily life, then it is a matter of building and strengthening certain pathways while not reinforcing others.
What Clients Are Saying
Dr. Ceruto holds vast knowledge of neuroscience and then applies it to thoughts, emotions and behaviors in such a way that you can’t stop wanting to learn more. We were on a waiting list for a bit, but truthfully, it was worth the wait, she is terrific!
With Sydney’s unwavering support, vast knowledge and availability, we both made massive changes within ourselves and in our relationship. Sydney is really, really amazing!!!
Sydney is warm, insightful, smart, compassionate, fun, and non-judgemental…overall a fantastic marriage counselor. My only regret is not having found her many years ago.
A Solution Rooted In Hard Science
The reason traditional therapy, counseling, or coaching does not work is due to a combination of our default mindset, emotional processing, and a non-scientific approach. These antiquated methods fail to consider the physiological processes that come into play when trying to make changes in thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that are enduring.
Armed with recent findings in neuroscience, we now understand how these elements have a significant bearing on the lack of efficacy in traditional therapeutic methods.
To bring about real change requires an all-encompassing scientific approach that alters patterns of thinking and behavior right at the root. We must tweak, change, or abolish old ways of thinking, emoting, perceiving, and behaving to rewire the brain towards much more advantageous neural connections. This sort of solution requires just the right combination of SCIENCE and PSYCHOLOGY.
At MindLAB Life Coaching, we offer an innovative service that does just that, tailoring goals for change toward each client and his or her unique dynamics. With expert knowledge of how the brain works and why we continually fall victim to our defunct, flawed, and faulty thinking patterns, it is entirely possible to inspire sustainable behavioral and emotional change. We do this on a physiological level so that the client no longer has to be consciously aware of or continually working on their desired changes.
What neuroscience has made evidently clear is that changes in the brain cause changes in your thinking, behaviors, and emotions.
Discover the faulty thought patterns that create negative neuronal associations.
Break the destructive emotions and behaviors happening on a frequent and mostly subconscious level.
Re-wire your brain’s neural pathways with positive and accurate assertions until they become your default setting.
To repair or strengthen a family’s relationship, we need to change our thinking and negative associations.
For change to be enduring, we need it to take place in the neural circuitry of our brain.
Do we need family therapy?
The stresses of modern life, the need for better work-life balance, a family crisis of one kind or another or mental health challenges for one or more family members can bring a family to its knees at any time. Children with disabilities, financial stresses, behavioral challenges, and just the ages and stages of different children can create challenges that may require some help to resolve.
Many families have some built-in resiliency to many of these problems. But even the best families can feel a need for help beyond the family’s own resources.
Deciding if family therapy is right for a family can be a big decision. While it may feel initially like admitting defeat or failure, in reality choosing family counseling can be a big step forward. Think of family counseling as adding some tools to your family’s relationship toolbox. You can learn new ways to communicate, to work through problems, to discipline, and to relate to one another.
If your family is experiencing one or more of these symptoms, contact us to discuss family therapy options.
- Family members have difficulty functioning in their normal capacity. Do you feel an “energy drain” in your family? Things that used to be routine and normal are now burdensome?
- Family members tend to have extreme emotional reactions. Do members of your family exhibit excessive anger, fear, sadness, depression, or other emotional reactions?
- There is a significant breakdown in communication between family members. Do you find it harder to communicate than usual? Are you experiencing the “silent treatment” more often than usual?
- Family members are withdrawing from family life. Is there a new pattern of one or more family members going into seclusion?
- There are symptoms of violence or the threat of violence to oneself or other family members. Beyond normal “horseplay,” do you feel that violence is a problem? Is there a behavior that would be considered “assault” if it weren’t between family members?
- Family members express feelings of helplessness or hopelessness. Do you feel that you have reached the end of your rope? Is coping with the stresses just too much to bear? Do you wonder if your family will ever recover?
- There have been changes in children’s behavior at home or at school. Are grades taking a nosedive? What about attendance problems or disruptive behavior at school? Is one of the children out of control at home?
- The family has had a traumatic experience and members are having a hard time coping. Has there been a death in the family? A divorce or separation? An affair discovered? Is the family having difficulty adjusting to the new reality?
- Family members have substance abuse problems. Are there challenges with alcohol or drug use? Is there a family member with an eating disorder?
How can family therapy help?
There are many discoveries in the field of neuroscience that will benefit your family by gaining a new perspective on how to sustain your relationships.
Family therapy can help you improve troubled relationships with your partner, children, or other family members. At NYC MindLAB, we have deep knowledge of how to handle issues such as marital or financial problems, a conflict between parents and children, or the impact of substance abuse or a mental illness on the entire family.
Your family may need family therapy along with other types of mental health treatment, especially if one of you has a mental illness or addiction that also requires additional therapy or rehabilitation treatment.
Family therapy can help family members cope if a relative has a serious mental illness such as schizophrenia — but the person who has schizophrenia should continue with his or her individualized treatment plan, which may include medications, one-on-one therapy, or other treatment.
In the case of addiction, the family can attend family therapy while the person who has an addiction participates in personalized treatment. Sometimes the family may participate in family therapy even if the person with an addiction hasn’t sought out his or her own treatment.
Family therapy can be useful in any family situation that causes stress, grief, anger, or conflict. It can help you and your family members understand one another better and learn coping skills to bring you closer together.
What you can expect from family therapy
Depending on your family’s situation you may work with Dr. Ceruto as a family or group. However, it may be advantageous for individual family members to work with Dr. Ceruto on a one to one basis in addition to the family sessions.
During family therapy, Dr. Ceruto will work with you to:
- Examine your family’s ability to solve problems and express thoughts and emotions in a productive manner
- Explore family roles, rules and behavior patterns to identify issues that contribute to conflict — and ways to work through these issues
- Identify your family’s strengths, such as caring for one another, and weaknesses, such as difficulty confiding in one another
What is the most effective therapy for families?
Utilizing the latest findings in Cognitive and Behavioral Neuroscience, MindLAB Life Coaching has developed a state-of-the-art program that serves as an alternative to traditional family therapy which is antiquated and DOES NOT WORK.
This non-invasive treatment involves using your brain’s natural ability to change, neuroplasticity, its own neural connectivity, and its inherent ability to generate new, much healthier connections, called neurogenesis. This process has shown stellar results in changing your thought patterns and negative associations of your spouse, children, parents, sibling, relatives, and other family members.
At MindLAB Life Coaching we use the latest and most innovative techniques to teach you how to regulate your brain’s neural pathways to a much healthier way of thinking, feeling, emoting, behaving, and perceiving. It’s like a workout for a brain, and the best part is that the changes we make are permanent and become your new default setting.